Safety First at Jericho - Thursday, August 6, 2020
- When possible we ensure social distancing, creating lots of extra tables to allow for enough space for crafts and activities, not to mention when we are eating.
- We ensure that our program spaces are kept clean and sanitized at all times and do an extra cleaning around snack time and on high contact areas (such as railings, doorknobs, bathroom spaces and more)
- Washing our hands between dirty activities has always been our practice but now more than ever, we ensure that everyone is doing the best hand wash possible. Hand sanitizer is available from each staff and at the exit and entrance of our space.
- Parents are not allowed in the play spaces - in order to decrease unnecessary contact.
- Our staff and campers receive a health check daily. Health checks include questionnaire and temperature screening.
- Our staff are provided with PPE to use in situations where they cannot socially distance
- We have updated our person program policies which parents are required to sign off to prior to the first day of camp or programming. Additionally ensuring our parents are fully aware of updates and changes is at top priority
Why We Love Camp - Monday, June 8, 2020
Camp season might be the best time of the year - sun shining, no school, trips and all our Jericho friends in one place! What could be better than that? We think very little - which is why we decided to create a list of the 5 things we love most about camp - from campers and staff alike.
Camp is filled with new things, from trips to creative art projects to adventures. Every day there is something new to try with so many amazing people. Camp is a safe environment where kids can try new things, learn new skills, gain confidence and work as a team to accomplish amazing things.
Camp is a place where kids can develop who they are and grow more independent. They can manage choices and decisions in a safe, nurturing environment and develop new interests. They can explore their own identities and develop a deeper sense of self. We love to see how over the summer our campers become so independent.
From the Leaders in Training to the Camp Counselors we have the best camp leaders anyone could ask for. Each person on the team is there to have fun and learn together. We love that our camp counselors and LITs are always taking part in each and every activity that happens at camp.
The memories that come from the Ultimate Summer Camp are ones that will last with you for years to come. From water fights with counselors and amazing field trips, to your new best friend, the memories you make at camp will last through the coldest days in February for years to come.